An Evaluation meeting on Glerárkirkja's EVS-projects 2006 - 2011
Friday, February 17th
- Arrival in Keflavik, Bus to Reykjavík, Flight to Akureyri
Saturday, February 18th
- 10:00 A fresh start in the HotPots ,,Sundlaug Akureyrar" - participants
- 12:00 Lunch in Linda Steikhús.
- 13:00 Introduction
- Who are we, what is the plan for the coming days, what is our connection to EVS (in general and also EVS Glerárkirkja), what do we expect from this meeting and what could be our own input
to make the meetings effective, productive, fun, nice, something to learn from ...
- Who are we, what is the plan for the coming days, what is our connection to EVS (in general and also EVS Glerárkirkja), what do we expect from this meeting and what could be our own input to make the meetings effective, productive, fun, nice, something to learn from ...
- 15:00 Coffee time
- 15:30 EVS in Glerárkirkja through the years
- Volunteers are asked to introduce what they did do during their EVS in Glerárkirkja (or what they still remember), if or how this contributed to their own learning and growing as a person / or professionals. Are they still sorry about something? Happy? What was helpful? What was not helpful?
- 15:40 Martin
- 15:50 Christina
- 16:00 Eva
- 16:10 Marta
- 16:20 Susanne
- 16:30 Katharina
- 16:40 Cornelia (via Youtube)
- 16:50 Jule
- 17:00 Yvonne
- 17:10 Klaudia
- 17:20 Maike
- 17:30 Greetings from Stefanie and Silke
- 18:00 Dinner and informal time
Sunday, February 19th
- 11:00 A free morning, but everyone is invited to participate in the Morning Service in Glerárkirkja
- 12:00 Lunch in Glerárkirkja with board members of the parish.
- 13:30 Introduction of the report from Saturday. Comments and remarks
- 14:00 Role and profile from sending organisations (an open meeting)
- The representatives from the different sending organisations are asked to introduce their work as sending organisations: How do they select volunteers? How do they support them? What do they need
from hosting organisations / what should stand in the project description?
- 14:10 Evangelisches Jugendwerk, Reutlingen, Germany
- 14:30 YMCA, Praag, Czech Republic
- The representatives from the different sending organisations are asked to introduce their work as sending organisations: How do they select volunteers? How do they support them? What do they need from hosting organisations / what should stand in the project description?
- 16:00 Mentoring and the YOUTHPASS process. Is mentoring helpful? What does help and what is toooo much? How does the new YP contribute to more effective learning? What should be the contact
between the mentor and the sending organisation?
- 18:00 Dinner and informal time
Monday, February 20th
- 08:00 Visits to the Kindergarten Sunnuból, Síðusel and Krógaból.
- Akureyri as a hometown for a volunteer during his EVS. What opportunities does the place have? What challenges are there for being a volunteer in Akureyri? We will visit different places in
Akureyri and together we also try to make suggestions what should be written about Akureyri to inform the volunteer about his/her home to be.
- 10:15 Visit the head office of Akureyri school department.
- 11:00 Visit to Rósenborg
- 11:45 Visit to the City Hall
- 12:30 Visit to Hof, the Cultural and Conference Center of Akureyri
- 13:30 Lunch in Linda Steikhús
- 14:00 Introduction of the report from Sunday. Comments and remarks
- 14:30 A walk through Akureyri in small groups
- 16:30 Departure from Akureyri with a short picknick-stop
- 18:30 Myvatn Nature Baths
- 22:00 Arrival in Vestmannsvatn
- 09:00 Breakfast
- 09:45 Introduction of the report from Monday. Comments and remarks
- 10:15 Advices for a good hosting project: Together we will try to draw a picture of the what/how/who/when/why ... of a good hosting project.
- 12:00 Lunch
- 13:00 How can Glerárkirkja become a good / a better hosting organisation?
- 15:30 Coffee ...
- 16:00 Final evaluation: Looking back on this meeting: How was it?
- 17:00 Preparation for the international evening
- 19:00 International evening
- Note to participants: We are in the middle of nowhere, so please buy everything you need before we depart from Akureyri.
- 09:00 Breakfast (we also have clean the house)
- 09:30 Introduction of the report from Tuesday. Comments and remarks
- 11:00 Departure
- 12:30 Lunch and farewell in Glerárkirkja
- 13:00 The end
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the
Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the
information contained therein.
Þetta verkefni hefur verið fjármagnað með styrk frá framkvæmdastjórn Evrópusambandsins. Þessu útgáfa lýsir aðeins viðhorfum höfundarins og framkvæmdastjórnin tekur ekki ábyrgð á því hvernig upplýsingar sem hér er að finna eru notaðar.